Here you will find information on managing an HYHA hockey team. If there is content that you would like added to the page, please send an email to Cheryl Myers at email@example.com
The team manager is in charge of coordination and communication of all operational aspects of your Hopkins Youth Hockey Team. You are the main liaison and support between the coaching staff and the team and parents, to be sure that the season runs smoothly.
2013-14 HYHA Volunteer Information The Hopkins Youth Hockey Association is an organization run by its volunteers and depends on the assistance of its members to function as a successful organization. It is critical that we all share in the commitment to produce a quality program. Volunteers are absolutely essential to maintaining and growing the Hopkins Youth Hockey Association. The more volunteers we have, the better our association becomes.
• Every family is required to complete volunteer hours.
• Mite/U8 players are required to complete one volunteer shift
• Traveling players, Squirt/U10 and above, are required to complete 3 shifts (1 concession shift and 2 Thanksgiving Tournament shifts at the gender appropriate tournament).
• HYHA Board members must complete Headquarter Shifts at the Thanksgiving Tournament regardless of the level of their skater
• Please note that this is a per player requirement and there is no limit to volunteer shifts per family. (Volunteer shifts are generally 4-5 hours in duration.)
• NEW for the 2013-14 Season: Because the Thanksgiving Tournament is an important fundraising event for our association and relies on many dedicated volunteers in order to be successful, the HYHA Board has decided on the following change: Travelling players may elect to complete all 3 shifts during the Thanksgiving Tournaments and Mite Players may elect to complete their volunteer shift during the tournament weekends as well.
o Example #1: A family with a U12 and Mite player would be required to complete 4 shifts total, with at least 2 of them completed during the Girls Thanksgiving tournament.
o Example #2: A family with a U8, Squirt and Bantam would need to complete 7 shifts with at least 4 of them completed during the Boys Thanksgiving Tournament.
o Example#3: A family with a U10 and Bantam player would need to complete 6 shifts, with at least 2 during the Girls Thanksgiving Tournament and 2 during the Boys Thanksgiving tournament
• Working the clock, penalty box, music, or announcing at home games for your travel teams are considered part of your duties in having a player in the travel program. These hours WILL NOT count toward total volunteer hours worked.
• There are no exemptions to the volunteer requirements. And there is no maximum number of shifts that a family can contribute in a given year. No roll-over of volunteer hours will be allowed from year to year.
• Volunteer shifts for District tournaments hosted by HYHA at the end of the year, will be filled by the team playing in the Home tournament. These shifts do not count towards your Volunteer requirements.
• A Volunteer Deposit in the amount of $150.00 will be collected from every player prior to the start of the season. Your registration is not complete until your volunteer deposit is received by HYHA.
• In the event that a family does not complete their hours, their deposit check will be cashed. No refund or credit will be given for hours worked.
• Checks will not be returned upon completion of volunteer hours, but will be shredded to save mailing costs
Email Cheryl Myers,HYHA Communications Director to gain access to team pages and email communications. When you send the email, please include the exact team you need access to.. for instance, BOYS Bantam X... You will then be granted permission to edit the team information for that specific team.