Here you will find information on managing an HYHA hockey team.
The team manager is in charge of coordination and communication of all operational aspects of your Hopkins Youth Hockey Team. You are the main liaison and support between the coaching staff and the team and parents, to be sure that the season runs smoothly.
Player Achievement Awards
Zero Award - For a goalkeeper playing a complete game without allowing a goal
Hat Trick Award - For a player scoring three goals in a game
Playmaker Award - For a player registering three assists in a game
The awards are distributed under the following conditions:
1. The recipient is a registered and rostered player.
2. The game was in league competition (not scrimmage or exhibition), a sanctioned tournament or a MN Hockey playoff involving only USA Hockey registered teams.
3. The game was officiated by registered USA Hockey referees and they have signed the score sheet.
4. Eligible player categories: All players 10U Youth/10U Girls and above.
5. A readable, unaltered copy of the signed score sheet with the players listed is required with the application.
6. A copy of the official approved roster must be included with each request.
7. Limit of ONE of each award per player per season - i.e. one Hat Trick, one Playmaker and one Zero
8. Please batch your requests and send them in 2 or 3 times per season – not every time an individual has earned a patch.
*Please note the rule stating "any games with a goal differential of 10 or more goals are not considered in the pool of games" has been eliminated. All games regardless of final outcome that meet the criteria above are eligible.
Hat Trick, Playmaker, Zero Award. Available through District 3 Registrar.
For a link to the form and where to send the request to, click here.
USA Hockey SafeSport Program is the online training/education that is available to help our USA Hockey members become aware of the information necessary to help prevent abuse from occurring in our sport. All USA Hockey registered coaches, officials, employees and volunteers are required to take the training at no cost. The training is comprised of short video segments that take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
You will first need to register with USA Hockey as "Ice Managers/Volunteers" at https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action.
Your confirmation number will also be used to register for the SafeSport training.
SafeSport link: http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
SafeSport Training is valid for 2 seasons and must be completed by December 31st . Thus if you took the training for 2014-15, you will not need to take the training again until the 2016-17 season.
Email Chris Carson, Webmaster to gain access to team pages and email communications. When you send the email, please include the exact team you need access to.. for instance, BOYS Bantam X... You will then be granted permission to edit the team information for that specific team.