All ice hockey coaches (head coaches, assistant coaches & skills coaches) need to registered annually with USA Hockey, complete a background screening and register through the Hopkins Hockey website for the current season (before the start of the season) in order to be eligible to coach/instruct in any HYHA regular-season activities.
These instructions are dedicated ONLY for coaching registration and are different than the registration process for enrolling your son or daughter to play in HYHA.
The registration requirements are as follows:
1) Register with USA Hockey at https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action. Be sure to save your confirmation number. This number will be used to register with HYHA.
2) Complete the electronic screening form found at http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/show/96281-screening Do Not complete the PDF form, it is no longer accepted. Ignore the year listed at the top. Your screening will be valid for the upcoming season. Upon completing this form you will be provided with a Minnesota Hockey Electronic Screening Form Confirmation Number. Please retain this number for your records.
3) Return to the HYHA Coaches Registration page to complete your registration for the 2017-18 season. See the link below.
4) Complete concussion training through the CDC found at https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html Once this training is done please complete the Coach Concussion Certification Form below and email to ACE Coordinator - Greg Schumacher along with a copy of your training verification.
If you have recently completed concussion training outside of HYHA, you can fill out the Coach Concussion Certification Form below and send it along with a copy of your training verification to: ACE Coordinator - Greg Schumacher
5) CEP & SafeSport Requirements – Once you have successfully completed those four steps you will need to sign up for and complete the relevant coaching certification clinic and age-specific module prior to December 31st in order to be certified. SafeSport Training is valid for 2 seasons and must be completed prior to participation of the current season. Please refer to our "Coaches" page for more details regarding CEP requirements.
All USA Hockey Registration and CEP certification fees are reimbursed by HYHA. Reimbursement for these fees paid by coaches can be obtained by submitting a completed HYHA Expense Reimbursement/Check Request form and receipt of payment.
Travel costs will be collected at the team level and are not reimbursed through this process.
HYHA Expense Reimbursement/Check Request form and receipt of payment can be mailed to HYHA Treasurer, PO Box 117, Hopkins, MN 55343.